Thursday, April 26, 2007

New Beginnings

My first quarter at Pacifica is wrapping up and I am proud to say that I have learned a great deal in the last ten weeks. I have not come to feel any deep bond with the myth of Prometheus, but I have gained an entirely different perspective on the myth. Through the exploration of the Prometheus myth, I have come to understand a great deal about other myths. I have also come to respect Carl Jung’s perspective on humanity’s relationship with mythology. It is the human who creates the myth but it is also the myth that creates the human. If one observes a proper relationship to mythology then a whole new aspect of reality opens up for the individual. I am only beginning to work through this thesis but I think it will continue to guide me throughout my career as a graduate students.

No comments: